Grade 7 French
The outcomes and content of this course will be designed according to the guidelines and objectives published by the Dept. of Education with the aim of achieving the Provincial Outcomes. These outcomes can be viewed by a link from the class website; the address is
and click on the link Provincial Outcomes. Various assignments will be posted here throughout the year as well as class announcements and activities that students can do on days when school is cancelled.
Text Entre Amis 1
Specific Course Content
1. Cest un debut - back to school vocabulary September/October
2. Bonne Journee - activites that a person would do everyday October/November
3. Review/Christmas December
4. Bon Appetit - food vocabulary January/Februay
5. Vive ou a bas la tele - types of television programs February/March/April
6. Participation - sports April/May/June
7. Year Long .Review of previously taught concepts and grammar
8. Grade 7 will have a weekly Vocabulary wordlist (up to 15 words) with a test given each week. These lists will be seasonally, thematically based or based on words associated with the units done in class.
9. Yearlong topics review of previously taught material, grammar
10. Thematic, seasonal vocabulary.
There will 3 terms and the mark for each term will be calculated on the following basis
Vocabulary Tests .20
Students will be expected to have all tests assigned and returned to me promptly.
The final mark for Grade 7 is an average of the 3 term marks.
If at any time, you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by phoning the school at 689-6100 and leave a message; I will return your call as soon as I am able. Throughout the year, I may send home information sheets on what we are doing in class and if I need to contact you personally, I will telephone you directly. All homework should be available on the homework hotline, though regular home assignments are seldom given in French as most work is done in the classroom. In addition, class announcements will, from time to time, be posted on the website noted above.