Grade 8 – French
The outcomes and content of this course will be designed according to the guidelines and objectives published by the Dept. of Education with the aim of achieving the Provincial Outcomes. These outcomes can be viewed by a link from the class website; the address is
and click on the link Provincial Outcomes. Various assignments will be posted here throughout the year as well as class announcements and activities that students can do on days when school is cancelled.
Text – Entre Amis 2
Specific Course Content
1. La Monde de Musique - music vocabulary – Septembre/October
2. Attention! Silence! Action - types of movies – October/ November
3. Review/Christmas – December
4. Celebrons - holiday and special occasions – January/February
5. Chez Moi - vocabulary of the home – February/March/April
6. Adjuge! Vendu - useful everyday vocabulary – April/May/June
7. 20 words) with a test given each week. These lists will be seasonally, thematically based or based on words associated with the u nits covered in class.
8. Yearlong topic – review of previous years’ work, grammar
9. Thematic seasonal vocabulary.
Evaluation: Each term
Students will be expected to have all tests assigned and returned to me promptly.
The Final mark for Grade 8 is an average of the 3 term marks.
If at any time, you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by phoning the school at 689-6100 and leave a message; I will return your call as soon as I am able. Throughout the year, I may send home information sheets on what we are doing in class and if I need to contact you personally, I will telephone you directly. All homework should be available on the homework hotline, though regular home assignments are seldom given in French as most work is done in the classroom. In addition, class announcements will, from time to time, be posted on the website noted above.