Social Studies 2003-2004
This year, the Grade 6 Social Studies program will investigate our province and its relationship to
1. the Maritime and Atlantic Provinces
3. Other nations in the world
The Land and the
The Settlement of
3. Our Heritage
4. Transportation and Communication
6. Our Place in the World
1. Participation – this includes daily assignments, in class activities, discussions, written homework and games. Evaluation will be in the form of a rubric reflecting the level of participation in each area.
2. Assignments – all students will be expected to complete the major assignments/projects given each term. Evaluation will be in the form of a letter and/or number grade.
3. Quizzes – evaluation will be in the form of a number grade.
4. Major group projects assigned each term. Evaluation will be in the form of a letter and/or number grade.
If at any time, you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by phoning the school at 689-6100 and leave a message; I will return your call as soon as I am able. Throughout the year, I may send home information sheets on what we are doing in class and if I need to contact you personally, I will telephone you directly. All homework should be available on the homework hotline. In addition, class announcements will, from time to time, be posted on the website noted above.