Click on Each of the Stops below (the underlined phrases) below and answer the following
questions by clicking on the appropriate staement found at the Stop. Save all your work to a word processing document
in your folder. Save as: Osmosis. Be sure to date your document, number each question and write
in complete sentences.
1. What definition of osmosis is found here?
2. What are the 3 important aspects of this definition?
3. Has this defination changed in any way your understanding of osmosis?
1. After the 3 statements, what definition of osmosis is now given?
2. Which do you find the better definition, this one or # 1 above? Why?
1. What happens when plant cells take up water? Why don't they burst?
2. What happens when they are put in a dilute solution? This is called what?
3. What will eventually happen when the pressure rises in the cell? How can we see this in a
1. Because animal cells do not have a cell wall, what can happen when they are places in a very dilute
solution? What doesn't happen to them?
2. What happens to them in a concentrated solution?
3. What must animals on land or in the sea do?
4. What must animals that live in fresh water do?
5. What do you think would happen to each group of creatures (in #'s 4 and 5) if they were unable
to do this?